The basic key to weight loss is to encourage your body to burn more calories in a day, than you eat. It is simple enough to say and to explain but it can be extremely difficult to put into good practice. To make things a bit easier here is a list of the 10 best ways to limit calorie intake and also to burn those calories.
1. You should eat at least one source of protein at every meal, and not just any protein but lean protein. Lean protein can be found in eggs, fish, dairy products that are low-fat and meat that is lean. Protein helps to activate your satiety switch which tells your body you are full, and helps you stay that way for longer.
2. The cliché of breakfast being the most important meal of the day is not a cliché for nothing. A well balanced breakfast that will help you lose weight will include protein in the form of eggs or low-fat dairy and fibre in the form of grains, cereals and fruits. These will be digested slowly and give you energy for the rest of the day.
3. Restrict portion size, and the best way to do this is to actually use smaller serving dishes and crockery. With a smaller plate you will be forced to fill it with less food, and the trick is that you cannot go back for seconds.
4. Increase the amount of fruit and vegetables that you eat. Long term weight loss is only achievable if you eat right and fruit and vegetables are a vital part of your diet. Fruit and vegetables are packed full of fibre, anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that your body needs. So you should be eating between five and nine portions of fruit and vegetables every day.
5. Keep your body properly hydrated. Sometimes you will mistake hunger for thirst, so rather make sure to drink enough water. A good tip for weight loss is to drink a glass of water before a meal. You will stay hydrated and you will feel fuller after your meal.
6. It may seem strange but getting enough sleep is essential to weight loss. Your body needs at the minimum 7 hours sleep each night. Lack of sleep prompts your body to over produce ghrelin, which tells your body that you are hungry and makes your body hold onto fat.
7. As best as you can, keep away from artificial sweeteners. This may seem odd, but the sweeter your food, the more your body will crave the sweet stuff.
8. New studies have shown that eating between meals can aid in weight loss. By eating smaller portions of food at shorter intervals you are helping your body to maintain a healthy blood sugar level, which will minimise cravings.
9. Make sure that you make time in your day to exercise. If you are trying to lose weight this is an absolute! And in combination with a healthy diet can make you lose weight faster and help you keep it off.
10. Stress inhibits your ability to lose weight, because when you are stressed your body produces cortisol which is a hormone that prompts the body to store fat and also crave foods that are high in fat.
Mr.Dieta senior writer on health and fitness content at BenessereVillage.it