October is the month of Breast Cancer Awareness. In 2010, 1.5 million people were diagnosed with breast cancer. Two years later, that number continues to rise. It is so critical to raise awareness on this very serious issue in order to save lives. And the best ways to do this are through prevention and early treatment. But in order for people to be knowledgeable on how to prevent breast cancer and how to detect it early on and receive treatment for it, they first need to be made aware. This is where these 6 fantastic curly hair products come in. Not only do these amazing products make your hair look great, they also donate a portion or all of their proceeds to organisations and charities that are focused on raising awareness about breast cancer. Here we go:
- GG Gatsby Volumising Hair Care Line. Gayle Giacomo, the reality star from Jerseylicious was responsible for the creation of this product. With every purchase that is made of GG Gatsby, the company will donate 10 percent to the Young Survivor Coalition charity. There are several products to choose from in the collection. These include Raise Volume Shampoo, Against Gravity Hairspray, Raise Volume Conditioner, Ultimate Lift Dry Shampoo Powder, and Over-The-Top Root Lift Spray. The products contain zero sulphates; which makes it a very suitable choice for ladies with curly locks. Prices range from $14.99 to $17.99.
- ASICS Hera 2-pack Headbands. ASICS America is one of the country’s most beloved sports brands, and for good reason. In celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness month, ASICS America is going to donate $75,000 to $100,000 from profits made from an exclusive, limited edition collection to Christina Applegate’s organisation Right Action for Women. The organisation exists to offer help to women whose risk for breast cancer is elevated by family history or other factors. You can make a contribution to this worthy cause by picking up a Hera Headband to keep your hair away from your face as you jog or walk or what not. The fabric is very useful for keeping sweat at bay. It also has a special feature that keeps the headband still while you are in action, as well as a reflective logo. The headbands are priced at $16.
- Streekers in Pink. This hair product was meant for women who have a wild side to them. Why not glam up your hair for Breast Cancer Awareness month by adding a burst of colour to it? Every sale that is made will benefit the National Breast Cancer Coalition. The NBCC conducts research on how to put breast cancer to an end by the time 2020 rolls around. A sponge tip applicator is used to apply the streaks of colour to the hair until it sticks. This is an ideal choice for women who wish to change it up on some days without making a long-term change. The product is available for $11.95.
- Osmotics Cosmeceuticals FNS Pink Ribbon Collection. 15 percent of sales from the limited collection set of Osmotics Cosmceuticals will benefit Living Beyond Breast Cancer. The group makes information on how to diagnose and treat breast cancer. They also connect women suffering from breast cancer with one another. The FNS Pink Ribbon Collection features shampoo, conditioner and nutrients serum. It is available for $98.
- Essence Skin-Saving Hair Volumising Milk Conditioner. When it comes to conditioner, this is one of the best out there. To top it off, it also doubles as a body wash. No fragrances, parabens or preservatives. The best part is that $1 from every purchase goes directly to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation!
Image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikebaird/5827327816/
- License: Creative Commons image source
Content by http://www.curlformers.com/