Whether you want to get professional photos taken with your family for the holidays, or you’re looking to add to your modeling portfolio, you want to choose a professional portrait studio that will give you everything you’re looking for in a photo shoot. Regardless if these pictures are to place in frames to hang on your wall, you want your pictures to be flawless and ones that won’t leave you feeling embarrassed. In this case, you want to search for a studio that produces glamour shots at great prices with stellar ratings. Below are five tips to getting the photos you want.
- Shop around for a good bargain: You don’t want to just turn to the first portrait studio you find. Instead, you should set aside the time to search around for a portrait studio, especially since prices vary and you want a studio with a good rating. You can conveniently search online to compare prices and read reviews and ratings about studios. Also, keep in mind that while you may have a budget as to how much you can or are willing to spend on photos, if the studio has a stellar rating, it’s usually worth the cost.
- Find your photography style: Inaddition to prices and ratings, you should spend time shopping around to find a studio that offers you everything you’re looking for in your photo. You should already have an idea as to the photography style you like. Ask to see sample photos in order to get a feel for the work of the photographer. If you don’t see what you’re looking for in the samples, then ask if they are able to make it happen. Find out what the studio can offer you and if they’re willing to work to produce the photos you want. Since there are numerous studios to select from, you can conveniently search for reputable portrait studios online or ask friends and family.
- Choose a photographer you can connect with: Once you’ve found a studio that can produce the portraits you want, make sure you’re comfortable working with the photographer. While standing in front of a camera to get your picture taken seems simple, many instantly become camera shy when posing in front of a photographer. You should search around for a photographer who you will feel comfortable posing in front of and one who makes you feel at ease.
- Dress to impress: Now that you’ve found a studio and a photographer, next comes the fun stuff: choosing an outfit, and doing your hair and makeup. Depending upon the purpose of the photos, whether for your family or to add to your modeling portfolio, this may impact your outfit selection. It’s best to try on your outfits ahead of time to find one that not only complements you, but expresses your personality. Additionally, the makeup you choose to wear and your hair style will highly be based upon the outfit you choose. Remember to limit your makeup to appear natural and give your hair a simple yet unique style.
- Listen to the photographer. While you may have a specific pose you like, or one you don’t like, listen to the photographer when they tell you how to pose. Although some positions may be slightly uncomfortable, you will look fabulous in the picture. Also, the photographer may take multiple photos of you in different poses in order to find out that expresses you and truly stands out. In this case, be patient and work with the photographer. You’ll be happy you did once you see the pictures.
When searching for a studio with stellar glamour shots, prices and ratings, be sure to keep these five tips in mind in order to get the photos you want.
Jillian Johnson is a professional marketing content writer who writes blogs concentrating on a range of topics. Follow her @MissWritey.