An ordinary internet user to an online marketer, everyone knows the importance of Facebook in their daily life and their business. The concept of online marketing cannot survive without Facebook being a part of it.
A social media marketing firm as well as normal users, want to know as much as they can, about Facebook. They want to know in detail about the factor, which has become an integral part of their life. For this purpose Facebook filed its S-1 a few days back. A concise account of the Facebook information filed in S-1 is given below.
The major stats about the usage of Facebook are:
- Facebook had reached a number of 845 million users, active monthly all over the world. Out of this number, 483 million users remain active daily across the globe.
- The Facebook mobile accounts range to 425million active users every month.
- Facebook ended the year 2011, with 100 billion in friend connections.
- In fourth quarter of 2011, Facebook experienced 2.7 billion comments and likes per day.
- Facebook gets 250 million photos updated to it every day.
- The fourth quarter of 2011, showed 100 quadrillion bytes of images and videos shared on Facebook.
The information released in this area is very important from website link building perspective. Some global penetration stats of Facebook are:
- Facebook can be used in 70 different languages.
- More than 80% penetration rate, in countries like Turkey, Venezuela, and Chile
- In UK and USA, it has 60% penetration rate.
- Brazil, India, and Germany show an estimated 20-30% penetration rate.
- South Korea, Russia, and Japan have less than 15% penetration rate.
- No penetration in china because of its restriction
Facebook Key People:
The information about key people of Facebook is also revealed.
- Facebook had 3,200 employees as of December 2011.
- Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO, makes $500,000 a year.
- CFO David Ebersman, and COO Sheryl Sandberg, both make 300,000 a year.
- Like Apple CEO Steve Jobs, Zuckerberg is planning on taking $1 as salary per year from 2013.
- Zuckerberg is a 28% owner of Facebook, the worth of which is $28 billion.
- In 2011, Facebook earned $1 billion in profit.
- Facebook generated 88% more revenue in 2011, compared to 2010 making it $3.77 billion.
- Facebook earns 85% of its revenue from advertising.
- Sales and marketing expenses experienced a 132% soar compared to 2010, making it $243million.
- Facebook did not put any stock options on offering in 2011.
The above information is a crux of S-1, now all of us wait for the much anticipated IPO.