The best things in life are free, goes the old saying. While this might not be true about Smartphones, where the revenue of Smartphone manufacturers is naturally of prime importance, there are instances when this saying just hits the mark. Such is the case with the LG Lucid 2, which comes free with a two-year contract.
Your first reaction, perhaps, is that this Smartphone may be mid-range at best and forgettable at most. But LG Lucid 2 is set out to defy exactly these kinds of expectations and stands to be one of the best free Smartphones as of date. What’s more, it comes with wireless charging capabilities, albeit you have to shell out additional money for the necessary accessories, as well as an optional interface for Android beginners.
What are the other information that you must know in order to better gauge whether the LG Lucid 2 can respond to the specific needs of your business? Enumerated below are some of the most significant features and specifications of this Smartphone for your consideration.
- The LG Lucid 2 would clearly not win any design competition, as its all-black body, dotted by silver-colored accents, is at best dull and uninspired. But it may win some when it comes to portability, since this Smartphone is compact at just 4.82” in height, 2.52” in girth, 0.39” in thickness, and 4.16 ounces in weight. You can fit this device just about anywhere and it is also comfortable to hold.
- Although this Smartphone comes with only 8GB of onboard storage, you can supplement this with up to 64GB of additional storage since this Smartphone has a MicroSD card slot.
- The LG Lucid 2 sports a 4.3-inch AH IPS display that has a measly 960 x 540p resolution. This is below the standard set the much higher-end LG devices such as Nexus 4 and Optimus G Pro, though menu icons and texts look crisp and finely detailed. Good thing that the touchscreen of this device remain very responsive, bright and clear.
- Because it is a Google device, you can take advantage of Google Play’s extensive selection of applications, not to mention the pre-loaded apps such as Chrome, YouTube, and Gmail on your device.
- The LG Lucid 2 is run with a slightly-outdated version of the Android operating system, the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, coupled with an Optimus 3.0 user interface.
- The camera of this handset is also something that gets past the standards of mediocrity. Its 5MP rear-facing camera provides you with a host of options ranging from touch and auto focus, an LED flash, four shatter sounds, geotagging, HDR, panoramic shooting, and face tracking. Shooting video with this device is also respectable, with objects remaining in focus.
- Though it may not be exactly a speed demon, the LG Lucid 2 has a fairly good showing when it comes to performance, with its 1.2GHz dual-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM.
While the LG Lucid 2 has a lot of tricks under its bag, just like any other Smartphones, it has its own shortcomings, too. These include poor audio quality and a buzzing sound when you are video recording. Thus, for those who are considering to purchase a Smartphone primarily as a mobile supplement to their VoIP-powered business communication setup (such as the one powered by RingCentral hosted PBX), gunning for this device may not be a good idea after all.