Your friends are coming over for a dinner party and you want to decorate your home so that it looks fabulous and they gasp with awe when they walk in the door.
However, you don’t just want to stick to the old cliché decorating ideas and have your party feel stale and boring. You want to think outside the box and decorate with a bit more boldness and creativity. Your decorations can make your party more fun and memorable for your guests.
If you are looking for some creative inspiration for the decor of your next party, here are some great ideas:
- Try going with a new theme that you haven’t tried before. Perhaps you can theme a party around a particular era, such as the Swinging Sixties or the Roaring 20s or maybe a theme around a movie or a travel destination? Having a theme helps you unify the decor together.
- Make your party decor interactive. Plaster one wall with a huge roll of paper and provide markers or paint for your guests. Let them draw or write their message on the wall during the party and by the end of the night you will have quite a masterpiece.
- Changing the lighting of a space is a very easy but effective way to totally transform it. Try having a dinner party by the light of dozens of candles, or using coloured lights to give an interesting and surreal feeling to a room. If you are entertaining outside, string up some white Christmas lights to give a special feeling to the atmosphere.
- Don’t forget that the food and drink is part of the decor as well. You can have a lot of fun arranging your appetizers on beautiful plates and finding attractive serving vessels for drinks.
- If you can get your hands on a projector, why not use it to add to the party decor? You could project a film which fits the theme of your party in a large size on the wall or you could simply show atmospheric photos.
- Use the ceiling to your full advantage as well and add hanging decorations which match your theme. For example, if you are having a Chinese New Year party you can hang Chinese lanterns from the ceiling.
Decorating for a party is fun, so enjoy being creative and artistic as you put together the most beautiful decor for your upcoming bash. Enjoy yourself and have a great party.
Do you need some party decoration ideas for your next shindig? Here are some creative suggestions to get you started.