Not only do eco-friendly mattresses offer sleeping comfort, they also provide an array of health and environmental benefits. Their main purpose is to keep you healthy by means of preventing your body to come into contact with dangerous toxins. They also take care of the environment considering the materials used to manufacture them. Many assume that eco-friendly mattresses are expensive and have the same qualities of any regular mattress, thus they are constantly overlooked. This article highlights the features and benefits of these mattresses to help you decide on the mattress that suits you, the next time you go shopping.
How These Mattresses Are Eco-Friendly
When you shop around for mattresses, it is essential that you look at the materials being used to manufacture them. Remember that you spend long hours each day on your bed, so knowing what chemicals are present is something you must not neglect.
- These mattresses are made from plant based materials while the traditionally manufactured mattresses are petroleum based. In fact, this is mostly prominent in memory foam products and since they are made from plant materials, the mattresses are biodegradable.
- Considering the fact that the mattresses are not made from toxic chemicals, they are non-allergenic and they are all natural. As such, they prevent toxins from affecting and blocking your skin as you sleep during the night, thus allowing your skin to breathe properly and for you to sleep better and comfortably each night.
How To Chose A Quality Eco-Friendly Mattress
These tips can help you shop and enjoy the various health benefits that eco-friendly mattresses have to offer.
- Always look for organic mattresses which are manufactured without any toxic chemicals that can be highly dangerous to your skin. Such mattresses are biodegradable which means that they are healthy for the environment too.
- Earth friendly mattresses that have plant based and non-allergenic features are always better options. Select those that offer a memory foam combination to ensure that every pressure point in your body receives the support it needs for an overall improvement.
- Do not think that quality mattresses will be expensive. Always shop around and compare features, materials and then consider which offers the best price without comprising your well being and your health. You might notice that brands that are constantly being advertised will cost more than others that offer more benefits.
- Memory foam mattresses offer superior health benefits based on the materials used to make them. You can invest in an eco-friendly memory foam mattress which is to the advantage of your body since it offers superior body support as it focuses on the important pressure points.
- The best way to do in depth research about the mattress you need, you can go online and read more about the different mattresses being offered in the market and what benefits they have to offer.
In the past, we would shop for mattresses by simply dropping by the store, trying out a mattress and then purchasing the one that we feel comfortable with. This can be considered an awful way to shop for mattresses, because you often end up with terrible mattresses that only cause back aches, sleepless nights and other health conditions. Learn to shop wisely by doing your research before heading out to the store.
- Photographed by Seemann.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://mrg.bz/MDNwp1
Valerie Collins is a freelance writer specializing in wellness and health. She regularly contributes articles to mattress stores in Vancouver WA websites where eco-friendly mattresses are offered.