Death in a family is tragic and when it happens because of the actions of some person and through no fault of the individual, the loss is extremely unbearable. When such loss happens due to the intentional or unintentional actions of a third party, the family can claim compensation in the court of law and to win the case an experienced Florida wrongful death attorney is essential. Hiring a lawyer to represent the family is one of the most important actions required for maximum chances of winning the case.
Recognizing wrongful death
But before approaching the court or the Florida wrongful death attorney you should first determine whether it is wrongful death. Also, it is better to look for a reference from friends, relatives or colleagues.For this you need to check three points:
- There is a death
- This is caused due to somebody else’s action, intentional or unintentional and
- There is a family that is effected by the death which might be emotional or financial (loss of income due to the death which can spell as loss of future in case the deceased is the sole earning member of the family).
Why hire Florida wrongful death attorney?
The difficulty with wrongful death is that the family should be able to prove two things; 1. The death is caused by third party, intentionally or unintentionally and 2. This has caused the family to lose their sole breadwinner; and this means that the opposite party will try to prove one or the other point isn’t valid. Hence you require a Florida wrongful death attorney to improve the chances of winning the case.
How to select Florida wrongful death attorney?
Here are some pointers to make a good Florida wrongful death attorney:
- Reputation: One point you need to ascertain before hiring anyone is how successful the lawyer is. Did he handle any wrongful death cases and if so what is his success rate?
- Way of dealing the case: With florida wrongful death attorneywrongful death you can go to court and settle the case legally or you can come to a compromise outside court. Though both methods provide compensation, the former is more risky but provides a higher compensation. Hence opting for a lawyer who goes for the first method is good.
- Compensation: Select only such Florida Wrongful Death Attorney who asks for payment as a percentage of compensation since in that case you will pay only if you win the case.
Amy Jackson is a journalist who writes for several for several legal and law websites.