Oxytocin or oxycodone is a pain reliever and like other opioids, its overuse may lead to addiction. It certainly helps relieve pain, but at the same time, it provides a euphoric high quite like other opioids, such as heroin. When you have someone who is addicted to Oxycontin, you need to understand the importance of working with a healthcare provider for proper oxycontin addiction treatment. While there are certain treatment options available, the real task is to make a loved one understand the importance of seeking treatment.
Before going any further, you need to confirm that your loved one is certainly suffering from oxycontin addiction. You need to bear in mind that while some people begin abusing oxycontin to experience its pleasurable effects, but many people take it as prescribed and end up becoming addicted. You should look for certain indicators or signs of oxycontin addiction to confirm that someone needs help. For instance:
- Someone with oxycontin addiction may show labored or slowed breathing.
- Someone who abuses oxycontin is likely to be lethargic and lack motivation.
- Someone with oxycontin addiction may have pinpoint pupils.
- Someone struggling with addiction may alternate between being asleep and alert.
Problems with motor coordination and confusion are other common problems associated with the abuse of this drug. If your loved one is showing these signs, it is time to talk to them and help them understand why they should fight to break this addiction.
Here are a few things to bear in mind when you decide to approach an addicted person.
- Understand that someone who abuses oxycontin is likely to feel dizzy and weak. They are likely to have digestion problems as well. This can keep them in a bad mood all the time. They are never in a receptive state when they are high, so you should avoid bringing up the topic of seeking treatment in these conditions.
- Learn about the effects of oxycontin or oxycodone to determine when the user is in a good position to understand your point. An oxycontin addict would experience strong physical and psychological dependence. Therefore, you should have an understanding of when those effects are the strongest and when the addict is in a more receptive state.
- Understand the importance of using compassionate language. If you throw blame around, you will never be able to convince them to seek oxycontin addiction treatment. Using the right words is even more important when your loved one is suffering from oxycontin addiction with frustration or aggression. Not using your words correctly could make them aggressive and they might retreat even further.
- Consider using professional help to learn how to approach an addicted individual and encourage them to cooperate with you and seek treatment. You can work with a therapist to learn about the best communication strategies to talk to someone who has oxytocin addiction.
The fact of the matter is that you need to be very careful and choose your words properly when communicating with someone struggling with oxycodone addiction. They may be aggressive, they may be frustrated, and they may be very weak to take a decision. That is why it is of immense importance that you take an initiative and help your loved one come out of this mess.