Below you will find three different fall centerpieces that are inexpensive and easy to make. They are each a bit different and offer you a variety of styles in which to decorate your dining room table for the fall season.
- White spray paint.
- Construction paper or foam.
- Clear vase.
1. Find a great branch from outside. Try to find one that looks like a small tree with no leaves.
2. Paint the branch white, and let it dry.
3. Get a tall clear vase, and fill it with nuts. For example, acorns work well.
4. Place spray-painted branch into the vase. Use the nuts to get the branch to stand up tall like a tree.
5. Make construction paper, or foam, leaves. On each leaf, write what you and your family members are most thankful for.
6. Hang the leaves on the branch, or tree, using either yarn or a ribbon.
The thankful tree centerpiece encourages conversation around the dinner table. Kids will love coming up with things they are thankful for to add to the tree. You can even make it a month long event by adding one leaf every day of November.
- Pillar candles.
- Wood cutting board or other board that is pretty enough to sit on your table.
- Small gourds and bittersweet.
1. Gather several pillar candles in fall colors. White, orange or red work well.
2. Place the candles on top of a wood cutting board, or other piece of wood.
3. Add fall gourds and bittersweet along with other small items to finish out the look.
This is the perfect centerpiece because it is low and does not impede conversation. When lit, it gives off a wonderful glow that goes well with a Thanksgiving celebration.
Pumpkin Candle Holder
- Small pumpkin.
- Mini pine cones, gourds, berries and mini pumpkins.
- Glue gun.
1. Carve out the center of a small pumpkin.
2. Place a fall-colored candle in the center of the pumpkin. The pumpkin now acts as a candle holder.
3. Hot glue mini pine cones and berries around the outside of the pumpkin to camouflage the opening where the candle enters.
4. Surround pumpkin with small gourds, larger pine cones, mini pumpkins and berries.
5. Arrange all the above items on a lovely fall platter or decorative tray.
This creates a unique fall look that will go with any decor. You can make this centerpiece as large or as small as you wish. To make it bigger, simply add more small pumpkins and candles to the arrangement.
- License: Creative Commons image source
Eric Blair writes about interior design and spicing up any room with the proper use of unique mirrors from Oval & Round Mirrors.