PCOs or polycystic ovaries are a very common problem among women these days and every one out of 3 women is suffering from it now. There are many remedies one can try for in order to get rid of this issue or to keep it in control.
One can also go for PCOs treatment in Ayurveda and according to it there are some things that patients suffering from this problem should follow:
- One should minimize the intake of any kind of dairy products like milk, curd, buttermilk or other things.
- They should always follow a proper and natural sleep cycle. One should avoid sleeping during the day and they should get uninterrupted sleep at night.
- It is a very necessary thing to stay away from junk food.
- One should also need to stay away from white sugar.
- It is a good idea to stay away from non-vegetarian food. Occasional intake of fish can be okay.
- One can soak fenugreek seeds in water for one night and then drink the water in the morning. This can keep the blood sugar in control.
- It is a good idea to have green tea or herbal tea.
- Eat some healthy fats like ghee.
- One should do some yoga poses like naukasana, Sarvangasana, bhadrasana, padmasana, and shalabhasana.
PCOS treatment in Ayurveda also means there will be a proper combination of some powerful herbs so that it can strengthen their reproductive system. These herbs can also treat other issues like hormonal imbalance and inflammation which are the main causes for PCOs. There are also some herbs that can work for some other issues like weight gain, digestive disorders, insulin sensitivity, and many others.
Shilajit (Purified Asphaltum)
They have some anti-inflammatory effects. It can also boost the energy and immunity level at the same time rejuvenating the female reproductive system. Many women having this issue can have a heavy bleeding problem and so it can lead to iron deficiency. This herb also increases the iron level in the body.
Shatavari (Asparagus Racemosus)
It is very rich in different steroidal saponins, Vitamin A, B, C, B12 and folic acid. It also has vital minerals like phosphorous, magnesium, iron and calcium. They also act as an antioxidant and it can also protect the female reproductive system. This also has some antidiabetic property which can improve insulin sensitivity.
Karavellaka (Momordica Charantia)
It is a kind if bitter fruit which has proper anti-diabetic properties. This can treat digestive disorders and lower the inflammations. It can also prevent cancer and regulate the periods with the help of weight loss.
Haridra (Curcuma Longa)
Also known as tamarind, this is very beneficial because it can help women having PCOs syndromes. It can also reduce acne and detoxifies the female reproductive organs. It also improves the complexion.
One can ask for Ayurvedic medicine for PCOS from someone who is experienced in this and also have some proper knowledge about it.