Top 10 YouTube Tutorials on How to Repair your Car
You need not take your car to the mechanic for repairs. DIY (do-it-yourself) repairs are advantageous in that you will save money and your auto insurance premiums will not be hiked. DIY car repair also makes for a great pastime and/or family project. YouTube is the best place for resources on how to repair your car. The tutorials are available free of charge and the comments therein will help you make an informed choice. There are several YouTube tutorials on car repair that stand out.
1) DIY- (How To Fix Dents In Your Car), Spread Body Filler, and Block Sand: This tutorial was uploaded back in 2010 and it has close to 170,000 views to date. The 30-minutes video demonstrates how to fix car dents. The video is comprehensive, showing how to repair the dent, how to apply the bondo (body filler), and how to block sand the filler. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0IJjKh-dWE)
2) CAR DIY Ding Dent Repair, Body Filler, Putty, Primer, 53 min Video: This is another dent repair video that takes you step-by-step on how to repair dents using stud guns. It also takes you through how to apply body fillers, how to do block sanding of the filler, how to mask (for priming), how to apply the epoxy primer and the primer surface, and how to do block sanding of the primer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-Y9xbk6io)
3) How to Paint Your Car Yourself – Auto Body Repair (1 of 2): This is the first part of a comprehensive series on how to paint your car, including such things as how to apply a filer, block sand, prime, apply sealer, and apply clearcoat. The video has received 446,070 hits since March 2009. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n41uUg18rRY)
4) How To Quiet Squeaky Belts On A Car – Cheap And Easy Fix: This video was uploaded on February 2012, but it has already gotten 45,418 hits. The video takes you through how to get rid of the car belt squeak using a bar of soap and how to determine if the problem is the tensioner. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDzVDNdcQiM)
5) Tutorial: How to fix an ailing hydraulic jack: This November 2011 video takes you through how to repair a hydraulic jack that won’t hold your car up. You will learn such things as how to refill the oil. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq75zX8U2L0)
6) How to Use Body Filler or Bondo: The 2010 video takes you through how to mix and apply body filler. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d70tR5EzV3Y)
7) pdrplus Paintless Dent Removal: This popular 2:59-long video (with close to 2 million hits) takes you through how to fix a dent without interfering with the paintwork. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VDA8yIvOJg)
8) Chilton Auto Repair Library Tutorial: This is a 2009 video that takes you through the Chilton manuals (including service instructions, troubleshooting & diagnostics, specification tables, close-up illustrations and photos, vacuum & wiring diagrams, and maintenance). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvSZG0bQ18)
9) Tutorial 4 How to replace a hood: In this tutorial, Toby Cochran and Doug Axt take you through car hood replacement. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4RLZYb_XM)
10) Tutorial: Fix a Sticky Throttle Body on 2002 Honda Accord: If you have a Honda Accord or something similar, this tutorial will help you remove the throttle body and to fix that feeling of a sticky gas pedal that is common in older cars. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOBuNaHTeg)
This is a guest post by Prestige Performance centre GB.Com .We can help with parts, accessories, wheels, exhaust, servicing, body shop, and lots more.