Because Tuscany holds food and wine to a very high standard, it naturally goes to follow that visitors to this gorgeous cultural destination are usually itching to taste the Tuscan flavors available to them. Though one of the perks of staying in any Tuscany villa rentals is the freedom to cook your own meals, there will surely be times when you and your party are craving truly authentic cuisine and vino Italiano.
Finding new places to eat within your own home town is tricky enough, let alone when you are trying to navigate through the restaurants in a foreign city. This list has been composed to help you find the most mouth-watering and authentic dishes during your travels. It is important that you keep in mind that you can never judge a book by its cover. If you have faith in these tips, you will be greatly rewarded.
- Trattoria Mario – Located in in the center of Firenze, this family owned and run eatery provides the truest Tuscan flavors that you will find. Paired with an electric atmosphere of Italian lifestyle and fun, Trattoria Mario will give you an Italian experience to remember.
- Tullio a Montebeni – Your taste buds will thank you for the rich flavors and expansive wine list that will be presented to them at this family run restaurant that has been situated in Montebeni since 1958.
- Lo Strettoio – Another Firenze restaurant, you will get far more than authentic and delightful Tuscan food and beverage here. The spectacular views of Tuscany offered at Lo Strettoio alone are worth the visit.
- Il Vegetariano – In a country that is predominantly made up of meat eaters, this restaurant is a haven to the vegetarians. A popular destination since 1981, you will enjoy an expansive list of meatless dishes and an expansive wine and alcohol list. This is also one of the only places in all of Florence where you can enjoy a bottle of organic cider.
- Da Noi – For those travelers who are not looking for a drawn out “wine and dine” experience, but would rather find a place to eat that is within a budget, Da Noi is the perfect spot. Of course, affordable should not mean sup-par. At this spot you will be served low-cost dishes which have been prepared with love and experience. Enjoy your meal with family and friends in a private garden.
Its close proximity to a wide range of authentic and delightful restaurants is only one of the many perks of staying in Tuscany villa rentals. When you travel this way, you and your group will be able to experience the beauty if Tuscany while living like one of the locals – in total style, privacy, and comfort.
Jesse Dugan is a part of an elite team of writers who have contributed to hundreds of blogs and news sites. Follow him @JesseDugan.