Some people put off getting in shape because they don’t have any equipment available. They think they need to save their money so they can get a gym membership or buy equipment before they get started. That’s not the case at all. There are lots of great cardio workouts without equipment that you can do from the comfort of your own home. These workouts will help you get into shape without spending any money.
Before You Begin
Before you start your cardio workouts, you need to understand how the process should work. While you could just do some moves, you’ll get the best results with cardio circuit training. Each circuit should consist of two to four different types of exercises. You will perform each exercise for one minute, and then rest for one minute. Then, you’ll move on to the next exercise.
In the beginning, you might only be able to do three rounds of the exercises, but over time, you can work yourself up to ten total rounds.
Once you build up some stamina, you can shorten your rest period to 30 seconds between each circuit. That will help you keep your heart rate pumping. Don’t worry if you can’t get to that point right away, though. Work on building up your endurance and you will eventually be able to reach your workout goals.
There are lots of different types of exercises you can include in your circuit training. Some options are:
- High knees – Run in place while lifting your knees as high as you can. Be sure to contract your abs so you can strengthen your core.
- Jumping jacks – Jumping jacks can really get your heart rate up, which is exactly what you want when doing cardio exercises
- Step exercises – You can run or walk up steps in your house, or use a chair to do bench steps. Not only will this get your heart pumping, but it will strengthen your legs, too.
- Squat jumps – You’ll start off in a squat position, and then jump as high as you can. You’ll land back in a squat position
- Kickboxing – Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need any equipment for cardio kickboxing. Just perform some punches and kicks. Your body weight will give you all of the resistance you need.
- Invisible jump rope – Act as if you’re swinging a jump rope and jump in time with the swinging motion. You’ll burn some serious calories and work up a sweat.
These are just a few ideas. You can also add other moves into your circuit. Basically, if it gets your heart rate up, you’re doing something beneficial.
As you can see, it’s easy to do some cardio workouts without equipment. You don’t need a gym membership or any fancy equipment. All you need is the desire to get into shape and you can achieve your results at home. Thus, you’re ready to get started today.
- License: Creative Commons image source
Tommy Albrecht writes for several blogs worldwide and enjoys working out at home. Click here if you want to see more home exercises you can do in the comfort of your home. Also see us at https://www.facebook.com/weightlosshq