Monetizing your blog really is one of the best ways to build up a stream of passive income. There are various monetization options that you could use, like PPC (pay per click) campaigns, affiliate links, and Google Adsense. However, unless you can actually turn your page views into clicks, you are not really making any money.
One of the biggest challenges for beginner webmasters is how to optimize a site’s conversion rate. If you are having the same issue, then look through the list below. We have compiled the top five conversion rate optimization tips for beginners:
- Make your website user-friendly. Optimizing your website for search engine crawlers is all very good but you have to keep in mind that it is human users who buy. Your website should be as simple and straightforward as you can make it. A good way to test the navigability of your website is to ask someone entirely new to it to find their way around. If you could ask someone who doesn’t have a high degree of internet proficiency (like an elderly aunt) much better.
- Provide content, and pitch your product well. Unless you are selling or advertising something that you distribute exclusively, chances are that you have a lot of other websites competing for sales too. People who shop online are more likely to seek for product information before they buy. The more complete and informative your website is, the less likely they are to look up new sources of information. If you could manage to have them stay on your website until they are ready to make a purchase, the sale is yours.
- Be as credible as you can be. The large number of internet scams has made online shoppers very wary of being conned out of their hard-earned money. When it comes to online transactions, you have to project yourself as trustworthy, legitimate, and professional. Invest in your website so that it looks like a reputable place to buy whatever you are offering. Fly-by-night shops look hastily put together, so avoid being mistaken for one.
- Choose a landing page which gives the best first impression. Nowadays, it has become customary to promote internal web pages, but if your home page happens to be the most informative one on the whole site, then that is should be what a potential customer should see.
- Streamline the sign-up process. You’ve put up the bait, you got a bite, and all you have to do is reel them in. Make sure that the sign-up process doesn’t have any glitches such as slow payment form loading, or error messages. Test various form formatting, don’t ask for unnecessary personal information, and use arrows and other visual guides to let the customer know how to proceed.
Empower.me is an online learning service that helps teens get better grades in school, get into the college of their dreams, find careers they love, and learn life skills not often taught in schools – such as personal finance for example.