When buying a new car, most families consider safety a top priority. In response to consumer demands, car companies have begun installing more and more unique and high-tech safety features into their vehicles. In addition to promoting peace-of-mind every time you take your family for a drive, these safety features also play a role in reducing the cost of your auto insurance.
Here are five great family cars on the market right now:
1. Toyota Prius V. Slightly larger than the original Prius model, this family-sized sedan gets over 40 mpg on the highway, making it an eco-friendly option for families. Boasting ample cargo room, versatility and a wide array of safety features, such as the pre-collision alert system, the Prius V is a great all-around car. This car was voted one of the Best Family Cars of 2012.
2. Chevrolet Cruze. The best-selling Chevrolet on the market, the Cruze combines all of the amenities of a family-size sedan with the fuel economy of a compact car. The vehicle earned the highest possible safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and it’s the first car in its class to come equipped with 10 standard airbags. The Cruze also gets about 40 mpg on the highway.
3. Toyota Sienna. For many families, a minivan is the best choice. Minivans have more seating capacity and storage space than other cars, and they often come equipped with the most up-to-date technology and safety features. The newest Sienna is no exception, and it ranks among the top family cars of 2012 thanks to its onboard entertainment system and safety features including stability control, whiplash protection and multiple airbags.
4. Subaru Outback. The perfect mix of SUV and family sedan, the Outback is an all-wheel drive station wagon with seating capacity for five and plenty of cargo space. In addition to its space, the Outback comes with six airbags, traction control and a rear-view backup camera. The vehicle ranked fourth on the list of Top Vehicles for 2012.
5. Volkswagen Passat. This vehicle has all of the fuel economy and other benefits of a traditional Volkswagen without many of its drawbacks. Built in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the new Passat is more affordable to buy and maintain than older models without sacrificing quality. It has an overall safety rating of five stars and comes equipped with front, rear and side-impact airbags. Its sleek appearance and low price also makes it a good choice for families that want a stylish new car without breaking the bank.
When purchasing a new vehicle, be sure to take into account your budget and balance that against the features you want to have. Safety, entertainment, technology and fuel efficiency should all be taken into account before choosing a family vehicle. By researching your choices in advance and choosing something safe and affordable, you’re guaranteed to get the best possible car for your family’s needs.
You should also take time to shop the competition for the best car insurance rates. You can do that by visiting www.GapInsuranceQuotes.org.