If you aspire to be a professional engineer, you need to have a set of skills that help you in assuring the success in this respectable profession. Engineering is one of the most famous careers in demand other than medical and civil services. To be a top notch engineer, one most possess certain qualities that will make him get the best of his career choice. Although engineering courses are being conducted in various private and government institutes but to be in the best college, one need to have entire knowledge of the procedure and other formalities that are required.
Here are certain skills that will assure a successful career as an engineer:
- Knowledge: To begin with, you should first know the procedure of getting admission in a good engineering. College has to be selected carefully as it would polish your skills to be an engineer. To get admission in top engineering colleges, you must clear entrance exam. If you clear exam like JEE(Joint Entrance Exam) with good ranking, no one can stop you from getting a seat in famous engineering colleges like Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of technology.
- Dedication: To be in successful in any career, you should dedicate yourself from the start till the end. Here one must dedicate himself to first clear tough JEE exam and then finishing the course.
o JEE: It is a national level exam for getting admission in top engineering colleges. Joint Entrance Exam is conducted by CBSE( Central board of secondary education) all over India.
o JEE Main and JEE Advanced: There are two engineering exams, JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is the exam for getting admission in Indian Institutes of Information Technology, National Institutes of Technology and JEE Advanced is for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian School of Mines (ISM) situated at Dhanbad.
o IF you are trying to get admission this year, you must clear the JEE Main 2016 first, If your ranking is very high , you will be eligible to appear in JEE advanced as well as for getting seats in IIT and NIT. Keep a check on JEE Mains 2016 exam date and be updated with JEE Mains latest news to quality this year’s exam.
- Analytical mind: To be a top engineer, you must have an analytical mind as this profession is full of challenges and problems. You should be sharp enough to respond spontaneously and effectively in any tough situation.
- Team spirit: An engineer will always require a team to handle small as well as big projects. You must have the spirit to be a team member or a team leader at any point in your career.
- STEM Knowledge: The foundation of this career is your excellence in core subjects of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. If you clear exams like JEE, you will get admitted to the best engineering colleges that will enhance your STEM skills.
- Learning: Learning is an ongoing process in any career. If you stop to learn, you will stop to grow. Keep yourself abreast of latest technology innovations and other things of your field to be ahead on your profession.
So, last but not the least, the key is to be dedicated and passionate about your career choice. To be a successful engineer, start with dedicating yourself to clear JEE Main and JEE Advanced first and then dedicating yourself to the learning process of the college you take admission in. Success comes to those who are passionate about what they want from life.