Take your time when planning a trip to Spain. Spending the time to think out your trip can help ensure that you will be able to do all that you want to do while traveling throughout Spain. Good planning is also necessary if you want to save money on your Spain vacation.
• Give some thought to what you want to do and see while you are in Spain. Decide whether you want to spend most of your time on Spanish islands soaking up the sun. Maybe you are more interested in culture and architecture. Perhaps you want to experience bullfighting, flamenco dancing and an active nightlife. Maybe you wish to spend time knowing more about their footballing culture or about the best team in the world- FC Barcelona.
• Think about whether you want to stay in hotels near most of the action. While hotels in the downtown areas of major cities may be closer to popular attractions, they are also the most expensive. Hotels farther away are more affordable, but it will cost you extra cash for travel into the city. It isn’t cheap to vacation in Spain. This is especially true if you plan to pack lots of different activities and attractions into your stay. If you are looking for ways to save on expenses, finding a cheap hotel or other inexpensive lodging is one option.
• Consider staying at a hostel rather than a hotel if you don’t need extra amenities or luxuries. Hostels are similar to a dorm room, offering you a clean bed to sleep in. Bathrooms and other accommodations are shared with others. If you will be busy and only need a place to sleep, a hostel may be a practical option.
• Give some thought to staying at local hotels in the cities where you will be staying. You can save money by staying at smaller hotels rather than staying at large chain hotels.
• Book a room at hotels with features that you need. Pass on the fancy, more expensive hotels, which offer an assortment of unnecessary amenities. While there are luxurious hotels located throughout Spain, if you are simply looking for a comfortable place to sleep and relax, you can find many cheap hotels.
Search for hotels on travel websites in order to compare rates. This is one of the best ways to find affordable lodgings at reputable hotels.
• Consider what type of food you want to eat. You have the option of enjoying divine dishes in fancy restaurants, or eating in authentic Spain. Purchasing fresh food at outdoor markets and small cafes are other meal options.
• Purchase travel guidebooks to help you plan your trip. These can give you a lot of information about travel to Spain.
If this is your first trip to Spain, focus on what the large cities have to offer.
Irina Kirilov is a blogger for Car Rental Romania, a vehicle hire agency that represents Dollar Thrifty in Eastern Europe. When she isn’t writing travel articles, Irina enjoys reading adventure books and traveling to exotic places. Follow Irina on Twitter: @carhireromania