When it comes to creating vegan dishes at home, it’s possible that you don’t want to spend a ton of time sweating it out in the kitchen. And you don’t have to. There are plenty of easy vegan recipes out there that don’t require much prep time and allow you to indulge in your creation more quickly.
Check out this list of four easy (and, of course, tasty) vegan recipes that even a carnivore would devour.
1. Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
This combination may have you wincing at the idea of those two fruits mixed together, but it’s actually a very delicious (and extremely easy) dish to make.
• ½ grapefruit
• ½ avocado
• ¼ cup cucumber, chopped
• 2 tbsp. scallions
• 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
• 2 tsp soy sauce
• juice of 1 lemon
1. Peel the avocado.
2. Cut the avocado into ½ inch pieces.
3. Cut grapefruit into long, thin pieces.
4. Place grapefruit, avocado, cucumber and scallions into a large bowl.
5. Add in lemon juice, sesame seeds, pepper (to taste) and soy sauce.
6. Mix well and serve.
2. Tomato Soup
There’s nothing like a hot and hearty bowl of tomato soup on a cold fall or winter day. This recipe is a must for any vegan.
• 1 zucchini, cubed
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 8 tomatoes
• 2-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 can vegetable broth
• 1 tbsp. chile pepper
• 1 sweet onion, chopped
• 2 tsp. dill weed
1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add zucchini and cook until tender.
3. Add in the garlic.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Puree tomatoes, chile pepper and onion in a blender.
6. Mix tomato blend and vegetable broth in a large pot.
7. Add in seasonings and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat and add in zucchini and garlic.
9. Cover the soup and cook for an additional 45 minutes on low.
Risotto is very popular among vegans, and this easy recipes is a great addition to your collection.
• 6 cups vegetable stock
• 1 tomato, cubed
• 1 onion, cubed
• 3 potatoes, cubed
• garlic powder to taste
• onion powder to taste
• cayenne pepper to taste
• paprika to taste
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 16 oz. chickpeas, rinsed
• 2 cups rice
1. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable stock over low heat.
2. In a skillet, cook onion, potatoes, tomato and spices.
3. Add in the chickpeas and the garlic.
4. Stir in the rice, and continue stirring until rice is cooked through and some of the water has cooked off.
5. Add in the chives and basil. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. Tofu Scramble
Tofu is one of the best vegan options out there, and it is super delectable in this scrambled dish.
• olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• ½ can black olives, halved
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 package tofu, cubed
• 3 tbsp. yeast
• 1 tbsp. soy sauce
1. In a skillet, heat oil.
2. Add in onion and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add in the tofu, garlic and olives.
4. Cover and cook until tofu is browned.
5. Add in yeast and soy sauce.
6. Stir until yeast is dissolved, then serve.
Lauren Williams enjoys cooking and blogging. She likes to share recipes and nutrition information with others. Lauren often cooks easy healthy meals for her family.