As we age, there are some things that are harder to do alone. Instead of struggling to stay where you are or moving in with family, you have the option of choosing one of many assisted living facilities in Ohio. This way, you can not only maintain your freedom, but also, relax knowing that if you need help, someone is there to assist you 24 hours a day. Additionally, there are many fun reasons to choose assisted living. Here are five of them:
1. Activities. There is always something going on. Instead of sitting in your room being lonely, you can join your friends for games, movie nights, and meals! Don’t feel like joining in? That’s ok, too. You can stay in your room and read, watch TV, or even have some of your friends come to your room to visit. With your friends down the hall instead of across town, it’s much easier to get together.
2. No Cleaning. You’ve been picking up after yourself and others since you could walk and your mom made you do chores. Now is the time to let someone else take over the cleaning and relax. You’ve earned it! You also have someone to help keep track of your doctor’s appointments, travel arrangements, meal preparations, and domestic chores.
3. Keeping Your Independence. Many people are afraid to move in with family because they will no longer have the freedom to do what they please. Losing your personal space is a valid concern, and by choosing an assisted living facility, you are ensuring that you and your family members have time apart. In assisted living, you will still have the option to attend family functions or to invite guests to your home.
4. Make new friends. It’s never too late to make new friends. In assisted living facilities, there are plenty of community activities where you can meet new people and engage them in conversation.
5. Community Interaction. Most facilities host community events such as trick or treat or Easter Egg Hunts. Various entertainment professionals perform during the holidays. You are treated to the best that your community has to offer without leaving home.
When considering assisted living facilities in Ohio, don’t forget to think about the positive changes you will make in your life. You can still be happy while having all the independence you want with the help you need.
R. L. Youssef is a part of an elite team of writers who have contributed to hundreds of blogs and news sites. Follow her @RLYoussef.