What is the USMLE Step 2?
Step 2 CK (Clinical Knowledge) assesses the medical student’s ability to apply the science and medical knowledge in a practical clinical setting. It is a multiple-choice, computer-based examination that takes about nine hours over the course of a single day.
Preparation Tips for USMLE Step 2
USMLE Step 2 CK Prep Courses:
MedSmarter offers Live (In-class) and Live Online test preparation courses for the USMLE Step 2, this is a well-structured classroom lecture and it provides concrete preparation through personal instruction and materials.
Your Medical School
Some medical schools offer preparation courses as a part of their curriculum. These can be one of the valuable resources for the students. You should definitely be taking advantage of this huge opportunity if your school is providing it.
You can find a number of well-known and reputable companies that are offering the preparation courses. Traditional preparation companies tend to have a wide range of question banks and guidebooks for you to follow. Our program at MedSmarter offers personal attention and counselling that you need to feel confident walking into your USMLE.
It is important to note that USMLE Step 2 CK Review Courses are provided for students who tend to be more successful when they are given structure and a defined program and schedule to follow. Courses can be a great option for students who prefer a learning school-like environment. If you are choosing to enrol in a course, you will need to inquire about the timeline, study all the materials, teachers’ backgrounds and experience, student-to-teacher ratio, and the company’s success rate for each of the classes that you might be considering. But remember that courses can cost you thousands of dollars, so be sure you’re getting exactly what you need if you do decide to go down this route.
After you have decided whether you will be taking the course and which of the question bank and books you should be using to study, you can start your practice for the test. Here are some of the recommended strategies:
• Before you start with your preparation, USMLE Step 2 CK course instructors should guide and help you create a schedule that includes breaks, time to eat, and time to take full practice tests. And if the schedule that you’re using isn’t working for you, try to change it to make room for each of the important activities.
They’re all very important!
• Take a practice test before you start with your preparation process to see where you stand.
• Complete as many practice question sets as you can as you go through the question banks.
• It is always more fun when you study with a friend, and employ mnemonics (even humorous ones) to help you memorize the material. Courses are great for finding motivated students to prepare with.
• Take breaks during your study time. Go outside and get a walk or exercise. Your mental and physical health directly affect how succesful you will be on your exam.
• If you are retaking the test, remember to focus your preparation on the areas where you struggled for the first time. The score reports from all of your previous tests provide graphical performance profile for each of the categories which will allow you to see where you will need to concentrate your efforts the next time around. Change how you prepare compared to the last attempt.